Thursday, February 5, 2009

A very Touching Love Story

I read this very touching love story from STOMP. Is so touching that i want all my readers to read.



The Story Begins With:

Alan has cancer, but that has not stopped him from showering his partner, Alicia, with love and concern, without expecting anything in return.

Alicia shares with us her heart-wrenching love story:

“I met this special person when I was in Sec 1. I was in a girls' school previously, so it was a very awkward moment when I entered a neighbourhood school which consisted of both sexes. I admit I was attracted by his appearance at first and that gave me the courage to get his number from my friend's friend.

“As he was five years older than me, he treated me just like his sister. I was sad but I continued to give him hints that I really liked him. After a year we got together.

“He went for national service not long after that. But due to cancer, he was made to do admin stuff (Pes E). Just before we got together, he had an operation which was successfully done, but he had to go back for check-ups every 6 months.

“The six years that we were together, he took care of me despite his illness (which was considered stable at that time). He showered me with more care and concern when I was sick. He would come over to cook porridge and would make me take my medicine, while I would just use words to console him. I feel ashamed, but he always tells me that my voice of concern is all he needs.

“Despite the meagre income he got from NS, he would still spend them on clothes and shoes that I had my eyes on, and brought me to weekly movies and at times to restaurants to have a good feast. That shows how much he dotes on me.

“Last year, around April, came the devastating news. His cancerous cells had spread to other areas. He went for a minor operation. After going for more scans (I hate to write all these out, it's making me tear), his doctor confirmed that he had to remove his right lung in order to prevent the spreading.

“Before the big operation, he had to go through chemotherapy which caused his hair to drop off. After his lung was removed, I asked him whether it hurt and he replied playfully that his head itched, but he couldn't reach. I almost cried in the ICU unit, in front of his parents!

“So last year Christmas, I arranged for a surprise for him at Fullerton Hotel, to cheer him up and to spend some quality time with him. As you can see from the pictures, he had slimmed down so much; it broke my heart.

“Alan, sometimes I may be really ill-tempered and stubborn, but I still really do cherish and love you. Don't take my love as pity, as I know you would stay strong for your family, friends, and me. I'm still waiting to go to Paris to have our wedding photos taken. Love you."



Alicia & Alan are truly in love with one another. They never fails to take care and shower each other with love.

So to all my friends who are in love or had married, please cherish your love ones. Life is short, Cherish every moment you had spend.

Try not to quarrel over small things, as this will "spoiled" your relationship.

Treasure Life, Treasure Your Love Ones!

No comments: